Church of St. Michael the Archangel in Podolí is mentioned as early as in 1222 as the property of the Vyšehrad Chapter and is one of the oldest churches in Prague. It consists of the original small Romanesque chapel and a later extension. Next to the church, there is a wooden bell tower from the 17th century with a bell cast in 1482 by an unknown bell maker in honour of the Mother of God and All Saints. The main altar is Baroque, but its middle part is of more recent origin; the marble baptismal font also dates from the Baroque period. Above the altar hangs a painting depicting St Michael the Archangel in battle with a fallen angel. Since 2006, the religious Congregation of Marian Fathers has been responsible for the spiritual administration of the church.
Pod Vyšehradem 14, tram and bus station Podolská vodárna
Barrier-free access: yes